Nora hung up and pulled a handkerchief out of her purse to apply pressure on the wounds. However, when she looked down where the woman had been moments earlier, there was nothing to see but the bare asphalt of the parking lot. The bloodied old woman in the coarse clothing had vanished into thin air. The next thing Nora heard was the sirens of the ambulance arrive.
The church is shrouded in mystery. Not only are there the bodies of several nuns buried in the crypt, but it is also the location of Saint Marguerite Bourgeoy’s sacred remains, a miraculous statue, and a possibly haunted 1848 painting called “Le Typhus” by Theophile Hamel that depicts the gruesome impact of the Irish Famine on the city. There are also several reports from tourists at having photographed either a man in a tuxedo or a priest from the outside of the church’s stained-glass windows. Some believe the ghost captured on film is none other than Famine priest M. Gottefrey, who suffered a terrible injury in the church hours before dying in the summer of 1847 while caring for Irish refugees.